The Turret is a floating water intake device that solves the problems of vortexing, pump cavitation from vortexing, and drawing from shallow water with its patent-pending radial design.
The Turret Advantage
The Turret floats on the surface, away from slurry, sand or mud.
The slow speed of water intake around the wide radial edge means slurry, sand and mud are not stirred up. Taking water from just under the surface prevents vortexing, which damages pumps and creates downtime.
Tough, Safe and Simple
The Turret is built tough:
- The Three-Metre-Wide Turret is constructed of 10mm thick polyethylene and has been tested in the unforgiving environment of Australia’s gold mines.
- The One-Metre Wide Turret is made from 5mm thick polyethylene, making it light enough to be lifted by one person, but tough enough to do the job.
Because of the Turret’s futuristic design, only the Turret:
- Draws water from shallow depths.
- Creates a barrier against vortexing.
- Can be easily relocated with minimal equipment or human intervention.
- Is scalable, so you can add as many Turrets as you need to one pump, depending on pump capacity and suction size.
|Information||Turret 1m (Mini-Flow)||Turret 2m (Maxi-Flow)||Turret 3m (Mega-Flow)|
|Suction Shallow Depth||200mm||< 100mm||400mm|
|Suction Spool||DN 110||DN 225||DN 355|
|Flange – Option 1||Stub Flange||Stub Flange||Stub Flange|
|Flange – Option 2||Threaded||Nil||Nil|
|Backing Ring – Option 1||Galvanised||Galvanised||Galvanised|
|Backing Ring – Option 2||Stainless||Stainless||Stainless|
|Table (For backing Ring)||Table E||Table E||Table E|
|Product Weight (approx..)||15Kg||150Kg||489Kg|
|Product Dimension (LxWxH mm)||1000 x 1000 x 250||2250 x 2000 x 500||3100 x 3050 x 1000|
|Packaging Dimension (approx)||1200 x 1200 x 350||2500 x 2250 x 750||3300 x 2300 x 2325|
|Packaging Weight (approx)||5 Kg||75 Kg||178 Kg|
|SWL per Lug||10Kg||150Kg||150Kg|
|Volume Flow Rate (Max VFR)||28 L/S (100 m3/h)||138 L/S (500 m3/h)||277 L/S (1000 m3/h)|
|Volume Flow rate (Min)||0.28 L/S||0.28 L/S||111 L/S|
|Best Efficiency Point (BEP)||23 L/S||124 L/S||236 L/S|
|Suction Pipe (Preferred)||HDPE||HDPE||HDPE|
|Formation – Option 1||1 Turret||1 Turret||1 Turret|
|Formation – Option 2||Y & TRI Spool||Y Spool||Y-Spool|
|Friction K factor (Turret)||0.50 – 0.55||0.50 – 0.55||0.50 – 0.55|
|Pump Position – Submersible||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Pump Position – Ground||Yes||Yes||Yes|